Contract Type:Permanent / Hours:Full Time
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we’ve earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we’ve developed a reputation for delivering excellence, in all that we do. Today, we’re continuing to break new ground. By embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work, we’ve been named as the Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe by the Financial Times five times.
Join our team and you’ll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and acceptance. We’re driven by the belief that, to perform, people need support and space to collaborate. By combining those values with an ambitious outlook, we can give you the opportunity to thrive.
Our Luxembourg business development, marketing and communications team contributes to the setting and achievement of the Luxembourg office’s overall strategy and business objectives, supporting lawyers in developing their business. This includes building and maintaining client relationships, winning new clients, focusing on key client sector groups, increasing the visibility of the firm on the Luxembourg market and across borders, and positioning the firm as the leading and the most advanced law firm on the market. Thanks to the international nature of the work of our Luxembourg office, our team collaborates on a daily basis with the members of A&O’s international network of business development and marketing professionals, providing support across offices, practice groups, sectors and clients.
He/she will be expected to work as the primary point of contact in support of the day-to-day business development activities for a number of the Luxembourg office’s practice areas and sector working groups. Key responsibilities will include:
- working hand in hand with the legal teams;
- assisting with proposals / fee quotes, client relationship activities and legal directories submission;
- coordinating marketing & PR activities, including events;
- managing certain internal process systems and databases; and
- other ad-hoc business development and marketing support.
Role and responsibilities
- Business development programmes and initiatives: playing a leading role in working with partners and their respective teams on business development projects – executing and following-up.
- Client proposals / fee quotes: taking the lead on preparing client-facing proposal / fee quote documents, presentations, credentials statements and tailored introductory documents. Where relevant, providing local input in respect of client proposals / fee quotes prepared by other offices. Capturing client feedback and proposal / fee quote outcomes.
- Client relationship management: providing support and assisting partners and their teams, along with other business development colleagues, in the development and follow-up of key client relationships across the various practice areas and sector groups.
- Client events: proactively identifying relevant themes and topics worth potentially pursuing. Following-up on ongoing event initiatives and project managing these.
- Market and client intelligence: providing support in researching and communicating on noteworthy client, sector and product developments (e.g. pipeline deals, competitors watch, market share, key client contact moves and other developments).
- Systems operations: ensuring the timely, consistent and proper use of available business development tools. Working with the personal assistants of the legal teams, along with the business development assistants, in ensuring email distribution and target lists are kept up-to-date; maintaining updated collateral, credentials, contact cards and CVs; and tracking and ensuring deal information is regularly and accurately captured.
- Ad hoc projects: opportunity in assisting on local or firm-wide practice and/or sector area initiatives that may be of personal interest.
- Graduate (ideally with a background in business / business development and marketing / communications).
- More than five years of relevant experience, ideally in the legal / professional services sector.
- Professional working proficiency in the English language (oral and written). Proficiency in German (oral and written) considered a definite advantage.
- Enthusiasm towards developing an understanding of financial services legal products and relevant market elements (eg projects and transactions, key players, competition, etc.).
- High attention to detail and committed to quality and professionalism.
- Self-confident and proactive in taking the lead on projects, following-up as necessary and interacting with relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines, juggle multiple projects and deliver under pressure; ability to plan and anticipate one’s own workload; and ability to balance conflicting priorities and managing expectations.
- Team player, open-minded, friendly, good-humoured, and creative.
Who we are looking for
A commercially-focused and ambitious individual with proven business development experience, looking for a new opportunity to take a next step in his or her career within a dynamic and very friendly team at one of the leading and highly regarded international law firms in Luxembourg.