Luxempart (www.luxempart.lu) is a Luxembourg based investment holding company with more than 25 years of
existence, an estimated net asset value in excess of 2 € billion. Luxempart invests in private equity funds globally
and directly into European companies, mainly in the France, Benelux, the DACH region and Northern Italy.
Luxempart’s investment strategy is built on two pillars:
– Direct Investments: minority and majority stakes in mid-sized companies in Continental Europe, either
privately held (private equity) or listed
– Investment Funds: indirect investment activity via third-party private equity funds in venture, growth
capital and buy-outs, both in Europe and increasingly worldwide. Luxempart also acts as sponsor of
several closely associated funds in Italy, France and Germany.
The Group is currently recruiting for its Investment Funds activity an:
PRIVATE EQUITY FOF – INTERN
As a Private Equity Fund-of-funds intern, you would be supporting the team on both the sourcing and analysis of
new funds commitments and co-investments, as well as ongoing analysis and reporting of existing investments.
The Investment Funds activity has a strong driven research process which looks in-depth at private equity funds,
their strategy, geographies and competitors.
Working in a small, transparent and entrepreneurial team, with a flat organisation structure, you would be
expected to be self-motivated and develop your knowledge of the investment process quickly. You will also
participate to several day to day important tasks and be encouraged to be independent.
• Analyse data on the current fund portfolio and contribute to internal reporting activities;
• Feed Luxempart proprietary monitoring tools and contribute to fund assessments;
• Together with the Investment Funds team, contribute to the enhancement of Luxempart’s proprietary data
analytics models and dashboards (including fund & benchmark analytics by strategy, vintages and
• Participate to extensive funds due diligence and produce investment reports and presentations for the
• Outstanding academic records from a leading Finance, Business or Economics Master’s program. CFA
studies would be advantageous;
• Previous internship in the Investment or Asset management industry (such as Private equity houses, Big 4,
placement agents, family offices or banks);
• Strong financial and analytical skills;
• Genuine interest in private equity funds;
• Knowledge of fund and company’s financial statements and forecasting as well as different methods of
• Knowledge of private equity fund KPIs computation and performance assessment;
• Basic knowledge of private equity fund’s legal documentation and limited partnerships agreement
• Understanding of fund portfolio drivers: awareness of business models, strategies and competitive
• Numerate, excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of Power BI would be an
• Rigorous, flexible, precise, well organised, strong team player, excellent verbal and written communication
skills, able to work independently and in an international environment; and
• Fluent in English; French and other European languages are desirable but not required
• A challenging and rewarding role in a dynamic and professional business environment;
• Access to renowned Private Equity managers, as part of due diligence calls and physical meetings;
• Diversified and international work experience;
• Small and cohesive team allowing to rapidly take on responsibility;
• Direct assistance from team members;
• Great working environment with ample opportunities for personal and professional career development.
Candidate should be available for a 6 months internship period and start in July 2023 (starting date is flexible).
Apply now by sending your resume to Kevin.Lefloch@luxempart.lu