Assistant Manager – Corporate Secretarial / Legal
We are seeking an Assistant Manager, reporting to a Manager within the client service department of Sanne, to have responsibility for the administration of a client portfolio, including the development and mentoring of the more junior team members and providing the highest quality of customer service.
Working closely with the lead relationship managers and Directors to provide quality and efficient services to all customers within the portfolio.
- Be responsible for managing a client portfolio including all aspects of administration & company secretarial matters;
- Supervise and mentor administrators and junior members of team;
- Working with the Manager and Director to ensure the planning, coordination and completion of all regulatory obligations and administration requirements within strict deadlines for a portfolio of entities, including (where applicable), Luxembourg corporate and regulatory filings, stock exchange listing requirements and working with the accountants to ensure client reporting deadlines are met;
- Preparation and implementation of customer specific procedures in relation to administration and reporting requirements for each entity;
- Assist the accountants in respect of the planning and coordination of audits;
- Ensure that responsibilities are managed effectively and to agreed client, best practice, regulatory and statutory deadlines;
- Build detailed understanding of client portfolios, entity specific requirements and applicable statutory regulations/requirements and act as a source of guidance to other team members and to answer client queries;
- Liaise with lawyers and clients with regards to reviewing transaction documents;
- Arrange and attend board meetings, prepare minutes and maintain other appropriate records and logs;
- Oversight and review of team adherence to internal policies, controls and systems, including meeting any internal deadlines;
- Responsibility for all financial aspects of the client relationships, including: monitoring of WIP; billing process, monitoring/chasing the timely settlement of invoices of annual statutory financials statements;
- Any other duties in the scope of the role that the company requires.
Skills / experience:
- Professional ICSA (or equivalent) qualification or studying towards;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the finance industry;
- Excellent communication and organisation skills;
- An understanding of Luxembourg statutory laws and other related legal and regulatory requirements (e.g. anti-money laundering laws and regulations);
- Experience in managing, mentoring and motivating teams and individual;
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills for a high degree of client interaction and the promotion of client interaction within the business;
- Ability to plan effectively with strong deadline orientation;
- Proactive and problem-solving approach to client servicing;
- Fluent in English is a requirement, German and/or French language skills will be considered as an advantage.