Job requisition id: 55838
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as Supervisor for Alternative Funds Service Delivery
BBH’s Alternative Funds Servicing business, comprised of over USD 275bn AUC/AUA across all alternative asset classes (incl. real assets, private equity, debt funds and hedge fund strategies), continues to experience significant growth. A critical component of our organization is the provision of services to Real Estate Investment Funds (REIFs). We currently service over 100 Alternative Investment Funds. The services provided vary from Accounting, Consolidation, Financial & Regulatory Reporting, Custody, Banking, Depositary and Transfer Agency Services. In some instances, also Domiciliation and Corporate Secretary services are provided by one of the other Departments within BBH.
As a Supervisor for Alternative Funds Service Delivery you will report to a Team Leader and will be in charge of ensuring service excellence to a number of clients in the Real Estates, Fund of Funds, Private Equity and Debt Investment Funds segments.
This includes acting as liaison and escalation points for clients, supporting any type of client inquiries and meetings, the opening and maintenance of fund accounts, the support of client trading activity and the oversight of cash inquiries and other Custody related tasks supported by Krakow Custody Team.
The person filling this position will be responsible for being the custody task expert of the team and leading the training of his/her peers in custody tasks. The person will represent the department in the weekly meetings with our Krakow Custody Team and oversee and enhance the quality of Krakow KPIs provided. The person will assess the custody processes with clients with a critical eye ensuring that optimal service models are established. He / She will also be trained in Fund Accounting oversight tasks such as the oversight over the consolidations for Real Estate investment funds (REIF) and/or ensure an error-free NAVs for Private Equity (PE) and debt fund structures.
- Create/Maintain high quality Alternative Investment fund operating standards, procedures/best practices and quality controls
- Ensure efficient operation of daily processing and functions by leveraging a global operating model
- Function as lead expert in custody tasks supporting client activities and train peers on these activities
- Advise on workflow improvements
- Ensure adherence to all established standard procedures, best practices and process controls
- Manage (remotely) client service deliverables across departments and BBH locations
- Support the client account opening and maintenance flow in collaboration with the Krakow Custody Team
- Support the client cash flows/ inquiries in collaboration with the Krakow Custody Team
- Support the client trading activity
- Represent the department in the regular meetings with the Krakow Custody Team and monitor the quality of the KPIs
- Timely and accurate support of all client inquiries
- Participate in client meetings and client KPI production
- Support of Fund Accounting tasks as required
- Coordinate, manage, and monitor external audit process
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness and completeness of all client related deliverables
- University degree (bachelor) in Accounting / Finance
- 5 years of relevant Luxembourg Alternative (PE/RE/debt) funds experience or Custody Client Service Role
- Ability to communicate professionally, and constructively to effectively address and resolve problems with other sections and departments
- Ability to work accurately while meeting strict deadlines
- Experience working in an international environment
- Experience in servicing clients by leveraging a global operating model
- Experience in Alternative funds (PE/PE/debt funds) administration is a plus
- Fluency in English is mandatory; German and / or French is an asset
- Ability to work within a small team in a fast-moving / changing environment
- Strong aptitude for numbers and figures
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.