Job requisition id: 55791
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Depositary Services Senior Representative (Alts)!
As Depositary Services Senior Representative you will be responsible to assess, analyze, and monitor risks and control issues for the products and services falling under the scope of the Depositary obligations. You will have a high level of technical acumen and analytical skills in order to foster a solution orientated and consultative approach to performing our Depositary obligations.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Monitor, report, and document critical internal control processes related to our Depositary Oversight duties.
- Identify areas of risk during control reviews or reporting review from other departments
- Build Strong relationships with Clients and have the knowledge and ability to explain the regulatory drivers behind these requirements
- Review and/or execute daily cash flow monitoring activities by gathering information and reviewing exceptions
- Support the team in determining appropriate resolutions to new regulatory obligations.
- Formulate corrective actions, where applicable, to resolve identified exceptions.
- Coordinate internal and external projects in an efficient and thorough manner.
- Prepare and review documentation for regulators and external auditors
- Support the Team on questions from clients, regulators, external auditors and/or BBH internal departments.
- Communicate clearly with business area contacts as well as other areas of the Bank
- Maintain effective working relationships at relevant levels with other departments
- Escalate within the team significant audit issues, set direction/communicate proposed manner of resolution of audit issues and concerns that have a significant impact
- Develop and maintain peer relationships to share best practices
1. Education level and/ or experience
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting
- 2 to 5 years’ experience working within the alternative funds industry or relevant business line experience
2. Knowledge and skills
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills with ability to present complex and sensitive issues
- Proven technical skills and experience in Alternative investment funds
- Knowledge in European and local regulatory requirements
- Demonstrates Microsoft Office skills (with emphasis placed on Excel proficiency).
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and systems
- Ability to identify, escalate and resolve a problem.
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.