Business Development Director is directly responsible for the winning of new client relationships in Sanne’s chosen markets of alternative funds, specifically with fund managers, asset managers and other similar type entities operating in or from Luxembourg.
Responsible for driving growth in Luxembourg, with a particular focus on DACH region, this pivotal role seeks to ensure that Sanne is seen as the fund administration partner of choice in the region.
This role will be part of an exciting and enlarged EMEA BD team focused on delivering upon Sanne’s regional and global growth ambition.
- Win new relationships to Sanne;
- Develop a strong pipeline of profitable opportunities that align to our target client market sets (Private Equity, Real Assets, Private Credit, Capital Markets and Hedge) through adopting a proactive and structured approach to client engagement;
- Champion a culture of growth across the Region to ensure new business grows in line with expectation and up on prior periods. Working in collaboration with the Head of EMEA, Country Heads and Heads of Product to ensure sales target are achieved;
- Be respected and seen as a strong market influencer in such a dynamic alternatives market. Set, implement and drive a coordinated plan to work alongside key Intermediaries (partners) to build quality pipeline through creating and driving value in both directions;
- Ensure Sanne maintains a HIGH profile in its chosen markets by directly influencing the creation of a highly engaging marketing plan, insightful thought leadership and captivating marketing literature;
- Collaborates with other divisional counterparties to identify and follow up on cross selling opportunities in order to meet cross divisional sales targets;
- Develop strong relationships with Country Heads, peers and colleagues to ensure effective visibility and increased workability to deliver the jurisdiction and BD business plan;
- Monitors market developments and competitive positioning and assess the viability and opportunity of adjusting and expanding the product or service range. Undertakes continual assessment of the market and competitor landscape;
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of a template marketing toolbox which includes pitch documentation and editorial capabilities;
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, service standards, company policies and procedures and agreed operational and control processes;
- Ensures that all client related fiduciary and administrative duties are undertaken in a timely and effective basis;
- Joint responsibility for successfully delivering and driving to exceed, EMEA’s budgeted Financial targets and global cross-sell;
- Leadership and Talent Management
- Ownership of an important segment of the Luxembourg and DACH growth and marketing strategy;
- Provides leadership and management which is not only clear and powerful, but also ensures inclusion and mirrors the positive vision and values of Sanne;
- Ensures professional development plan is in place for self and any direct reports with clear understanding of roles and responsibilities;
Skills / experience required
- Established relationships across European fund managers operating in Alternatives / Private Capital;
- High market profile in the alternative’s community, which include law firms, accountants, advisors, etc;
- Past experience important, having acted in the capacity as a trusted “advisor” typically in: Fund Administration, Law, Accountancy, Banking and Advisory;
- Proven track record of building long term relationship and driving sales;
- Fluent in English and German, French would be an asset;
As Sanne Group Luxembourg is a financial organization, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.