Find your purpose at KPMG Luxembourg
We see a world of opportunity. From uncovering ways to digitalize audit, to enabling new sectors to take off, to building sustainability and resilience into economies, we know insights reveal new opportunities for all.
We are proud to be part of the worldwide network of high-quality audit, tax and advisory services. We are diverse and dedicated problem solvers connected by a common cause.
We are committed to consistently delivering quality audits, enabled by the power of technology and the strength of our people.
We offer excellent career prospects that balance autonomy, flexibility and responsibility. Our comprehensive benefits inspire our people do and feel their best.
Right now, we have more than 1800 employees from over 70 nationalities. Join our growing group of young and youthful innovators to uncover a world of opportunity together.
We are seeking our future French speaking Junior Auditors (m/f/d) – Starting in October 2024
We act in the public interest and the capital market, and we are committed to delivering quality audits, enabled by the power of technology and the strength of our people. By leveraging leading technologies, we are transforming the audit experience for our professionals and our clients – enabling us to provide an even higher quality audit by increasing our ability to focus on the issues that matter through the data and insights it provides.
What your responsibilities and challenges will be
- Provide audit services to a variety of companies and have the opportunity to develop your skills in IFRS and local GAAP
- Participate in audit and accounting projects serving both domestic and global clients across diverse industries such as banking, insurance, asset management, real estate, private equity or CIPS (commercial industries & public sector)
- Gain solid audit, financial and accounting knowledge
- Build trust with clients and create a strong relationship with them
- Work in an international environment where the business language is English
- Work in multicultural teams with people from diverse backgrounds and countries
What you will be working on
As a junior you will:
- Bridge the gap between your theoretical expertise and the practical implications of emerging global accounting standards and international mandates, cultivating a profound mastery of standards like IFRS and local GAAP
- Work on a diversified portfolio of international clients and meet them (face-to-face or virtually)
- Learn how a wide variety of organizations are working, including reviewing their systems and processes to be able to advise the companies that you will audit
- Give stakeholders confidence by reviewing the financial statements of a company
- Execute our audit approach, which involves evaluating the client’s operational landscape, appraising risk factors and internal control structures, conducting financial statement audits, and formulating targeted suggestions and specialized reports
- Be a part of innovative projects to improve our processes and tools
What we look for
Effective auditors possess a combination of technical and soft skills, including:
- Qualification: you hold a master’s degree or you are about to graduate soon in either audit, accounting, finance or engineering / IT, and you are interested in undertaking professional accountancy qualifications (e.g. IRE)
- Analytical skills: the ability to analyze financial data, identify anomalies, and assess the financial health of an organization
- Attention to detail: a keen eye for accuracy and a commitment to thorough documentation and review
- Communication skills: effective verbal and written communication skills to build and maintain excellent relationships with clients and teams, and the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Ethical integrity: a strong commitment to ethical conduct and independence to maintain the credibility of the audit process
- Problem-solving: the capacity to identify and resolve complex financial issues and discrepancies
- Time management: efficiently manage multiple engagements and meet deadlines
- Language skills: you are fluent in English and French, any other language would be an asset
What you will get
Embrace a thrilling opportunity to shape the future of global business in Luxembourg, a burgeoning financial hub. At KPMG, we are ready to accompany you on a journey of professional growth, offering an expansive spectrum of prospects to elevate your career. You will be offered by KPMG training and support, including a complete training program with an Induction Week abroad at your arrival, to acquire skills that you need to move on with your career goals and professional development. As part of professional development, KPMG also offers the opportunity to do internal or external moves, to grow in another department or office.
In the area of audit services, you will craft a tangible impact, collaborating alongside a diverse group of leading experts and engaging with a worldwide clientele, all while exploring innovative technological solutions.
As a part of the KPMG family, you will also relish a vibrant range of experiences, including engaging in joyful events like KPMG Plage, the Oktoberfest, the staff party, and other festivities that bring us closer, together. Join us not just for a job, but for an enriching journey, benefiting from flexible working hours, the option to work from home or diverse offices, and complete training from the start. Become a part of a diverse team, where we consistently promote gender equality and provide powerful support to the LGBTQ+ community. Your success story starts here, join us, join #Teamblue.