The individual will be responsible for servicing a portfolio of real estate and private equity funds and other structures. The individual will liaise with CFOs and financial controllers at fund managers, third parties (including auditors) and other external advisors necessary to ensure smooth operation of the structure and to ensure that deadlines are met. Specific responsibilities include bookkeeping, periodic reporting (usually under Luxembourg GAAP or IFRS), assisting with capital calls, distributions, transactions and reviewing client payments. The individual will work within a small client team, reporting on a daily basis to the relevant Langham Hall client manager. The candidate will be expected to interface at a senior level with clients in order to problem solve and proactively deliver our services.
The successful candidate will be involved in developing other members of the team to provide a quality client-focused service. The candidate will also have an understanding of the Luxembourg legal, tax and regulatory regimes applicable to private equity and real estate funds and other structures.
- Act as first point of contact for the clients in relation to all accounting and reporting matters for varied portfolio of alternative investment funds and SPVs
- Responsible for training and development of junior team members in the team through training and coaching
- Proactively build strong relationships with clients and other third party service providers (tax advisors, auditors, lawyers)
- Preparation and review of periodic financial statements, cash flows and associated notes including liaison with client over transaction related issues.
- Preparation of statutory accounts of Luxembourg funds and other structures in accordance with IFRS and LUX GAAP.
- Preparation and review of Investor NAV reporting as appropriate
- Ability to prepare and review consolidation of group of companies
- Calculation of management fees/ equalisation charges and performance fees ensuring the requirements of the key documentation (LPA/ PPM) are followed
- Dealing with year end audits including preparation of relevant files and resolving issues.
- Attendance at board and shareholder meetings and review of packs along side administration team
- Preparing Luxembourg statutory reporting and VAT and tax returns.
- Solving problems proactively using technical expertise and common-sense.
- Responsible for regulatory filings (BCL/ CSSF)
- Review bank payments in various banking platforms and ensuring necessary supporting documents (including KYC documents) are obtained and attached for efficient review process
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Graduate in Finance, Economics or Accounting
- The candidate will hold a professional accounting qualification at an appropriate level (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) or will be studying towards one
- Direct experience of client service in a professional services firm
- Experienced in Luxembourg GAAP and IFRS. Experience of consolidations will be an advantage
- Proactive and problem-solving approach to client servicing
- Ability to plan effectively, with strong deadline orientation
- Ability to motivate, supervise, mentor and train more junior member of the team
- Excellent organisational skills and interpersonal skills for a high degree of client interaction and the promotion of client interaction within the business
- Fluent in English, with French and/or German an advantage
About Langham Hall
Langham Hall provides premium quality accounting, fund administration and investor reporting services to Real Estate and Private Equity Fund clients.
Langham Hall invests in people and in developing them professionally. We are extremely proud of our leadership-focused culture which fosters a dedicated, approachable and collaborative way of working. We offer the opportunity to progress your career and study professional qualifications; through intensive training and where applicable, full exam tuition and study support.
Langham Hall is a fast-growing company and as such staff experience a variety of responsibilities and inclusion in exciting initiatives beyond their day-to-day role. Employees are supported and encouraged to deliver a first-class service and opportunities are identified at an early stage for employees to engage with our clients which enables them feel involved and challenged in their work.
We are proud of our positive working culture which is reinforced through our employees and our extremely low staff turnover and we seek out people that believe in our values.