Job requisition id: 54769
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as Global Client Service Discipline Business Analyst I
In this role you will perform business analysis, research, and testing to support key business initiatives and maintain and implement products and solutions. You will operate as a spokesperson for GCS locally and globally. You would play a key role in implementing GCS model strategy, considering which processes are appropriate to perform and the placement of these; seek ways of optimizing workflows through technology and data analysis. You would perform a liaison function with BBH’s clients/business units and technology teams. You would contribute to process optimization due to knowledge of the business and of our clients. This position requires a risk-adverse and problem-solving attitude and constructive participation within Global Client Service.
1. Business Analysis:
- Contribute to gather, understand and document GCS project goals, workflows, complex business needs, challenges, and opportunities.
- Learn and use technology available within BBH to solve GCS challenges.
- Create and analyze business line and client reporting to highlight and disseminate data to Sr. Management
- Ensure service quality management reporting is current and accurate; assist with the ongoing development, automation, and enhancement of such reporting
2. Problem Solving:
- Solve difficult problems as needed through proposing insightful, knowledgeable, effective solutions. Seek ways of optimizing workflows through transformative technology and data analysis.
- Standardize and automate processes and reporting within GCS applying internal Best Practice. Explore learning available automation tools (e.g., include data extraction and transformation tools such as Power Query, SQL, VBA, Alteryx or BBH internal solutions such as ARP/Smart Capture).
- Collaborate to working groups aiming to share and promote these technologies within GCS.
- Work with GCS to determine best solution for client requests and tools to leverage.
1. Education level and/ or experience
- BA/BS degree, and/or equivalent work experience.
- 3 to 5 years related work experience.
- Financial services industry knowledge and experience.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn about the fund lifecycle and understanding of the key roles assumed by the different actors of the fund industry and of the regulatory background.
- Willingness to learn one or more transformative technology and data analysis tools
2. Knowledge and skills
- Creative and effective problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proactive and results-oriented, risk control mindset, proven desire to deliver high quality client service.
- Collaborative and inclusive mindset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively and with clarity, ability to engage others.
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Takes ownership
What You Can Expect At BBH:
If you join BBH you will find collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can. You will have direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world. BBH will provide you with opportunities to grow your expertise, to take on new challenges, to maximize your potential and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm. We encourage a culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective. We provide a high-quality benefits program, which emphasizes good health, financial security, and peace of mind. Ultimately, we want to provide you with a position which, at the same time, is both rewarding and allows for a balanced professional and personal experience at every stage of your career. We, here at BBH, focuses on more than just the financial and business thrive. Through our BBH Cares program we offer volunteering opportunities giving you the opportunity to give back to your community and to help transform the lives of others.