Since 2018, CIM Europe has been Carlyle’s EU licensed Alternative Investment Fund Manager (AIFM), providing investment management functions including risk management, valuation, compliance, oversight on portfolio management and marketing and related activities to its alternative investment funds and allowing Carlyle funds to continue to market to European investors under AIFMD, the pan European alternative funds regulation introduced in 2012.
CIM Europe manages 90 funds with total AUM of approx. EUR 18Bn as of June 30, 2023. CIM Europe is managed by 12 full time personnel in Luxembourg, managed day-to-day by its four Conducting Officers. CIM Europe is governed by four Board members.The funds managed by CIM Europe are distributed to limited partners mainly across Europe and are divided into three segments: Private Equity, Real Assets, and Credit.
Internship risk management 8 – 10 months
- Assist the risk manager and conducting officer in performing risk management activities for the funds under management:
- Provide administrative support to the risk management function (reporting generation, collection of documents and signatures,…)
- Participate in the reporting preparation for senior management
- Support the risk manager in documenting pre-acquisition risk controls
- Assist and participate to fund performance and risk analyses and reporting
- Assist and participate to the definition and maintenance of funds’ risk profile
- Provide support in building and maintaining a database containing key figures on alternative investments.
Education & Certificates
- Graduate or last year of MSc in Finance, Economics, Business, Mathematics, or related fields.
- High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word
- Required; SQL, VBA,
- Optional: Python
- Enrolment in relevant certification programs (GARP FRM, CAIA…) will be considered an asset
- Interest in finance, risk management and alternative investments fund industry: private equity, credit, real estate funds
Competencies & Attributes
- Fluent in English with solid written and verbal communication skills. Any other language skills will be considered an asset
- Eager to learn
- Analytical thinking
- Team player with strong work ethic, ability to prioritize and multitasking are considered a must have
Due to the high volume of candidates, please be advised that only candidates selected to interview will be contacted by The Carlyle Group. We respectfully ask applicants to correspond with members of the Talent Acquisition team only by using the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org