Reports to AML Supervisor / AML Manager
As a Junior Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) Analyst you will be dealing with Anti-Money Laundering / Counter Financing of Terrorism (“AML/CFT”) matters on a daily basis.
Your primary role will be to closely support and advise the client facing teams in relation to AML/CFT matters. At times you may need to deal directly with external parties such as fund investors, shareholders and other professionals of the financial sector.
You will be charged with maintaining well organised and up to date client due diligence (“CDD”) files for each investor in both the AML database and on the hard copy files.
Where weaknesses are identified in the existing records, you will be in charge of taking actions to communicate those requirements to the CFT teams to ensure that the appropriate documentation is obtained and assessed.
- Ensure that, in the identification of clients and funds’ investors, all KYC requirements and compliance with the appropriate regulatory framework are met
- Set up of clients and investors profiles in the AML database and ensure that KYC information and documents are duly uploaded
- Assist client facing teams in dealing with external parties and take care that proper information and documentation are collected on time
- Ensure regular follow-up with the client facing teams is made in relation to submitted requests
- Respond to requests from client facing teams to perform drawdowns and distributions
- Ensure that the clients and investors’ electronic database is regularly screened and that automatically generated alerts are treated on time
Skills, knowledge, expertise:
- University degree or equivalent in Law, Economics, Commerce or other relevant subjects can be an asset, however it is not essential
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills are required to develop working relationships with colleagues (from both the Compliance Team and the client facing teams) and to deal with external parties
- Analytical approach with good research skills
- Have a team player attitude
- Good organisational skills
- A self-starter with a proactive and dynamic style and a high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy and quality standards
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft products, in particular Word and Excel
- Fluent in English. French or German is an advantage
- A high level of integrity and professionalism
We will provide the training, both in house for relevant technical knowledge and also professional qualifications to enhance your professional development. You will need to be quick to learn new systems and great with people, as close working relationships between our colleagues and clients is at the heart of what we do.
“For all accepted offers of employment with Aztec Financial Services (Luxembourg) S.A, candidates will be required to complete pre-screening requirements, including providing a criminal record certificate (extrait de casier judiciaire).”