Reports to Legal Counsel
The purpose of this position is to support Aztec’s In-house Legal Team in the provision of internal legal advice across a spectrum of regulatory and corporate matters in each of the jurisdictions in which we operate, with a primary focus on Luxembourg.
- Assisting in the provision of legal advice in respect of the affairs of the Aztec Group across the jurisdictions in which we operate with an emphasis on Luxembourg.
- Assisting in the provision of legal advice and support to the Compliance and Risk Teams in relation to the application of legal and regulatory obligations in each jurisdiction and providing additional assistance as required.
- Support the Legal Team to deliver its primary responsibilities, including the preparation and negotiation of engagement letters and other third-party contracts to be entered into by any member of the Aztec Group.
- Support the Legal Team in monitoring legal and regulatory developments, updating senior management and other staff on any relevant changes (through written updates and training) and shaping internal policies and procedures to respond to those changes.
Skills, knowledge, expertise:
- The post holder will ideally be a person with 1-4 years practical legal experience and must have relevant professional qualification.
- The post will require (taking into account PQE level and experience) sound technical knowledge of corporate and commercial legal matters, have experience in preparing and negotiating various contracts, as well as an adaptable nature to address questions of a legal, regulatory, and general commercial nature in multiple jurisdictions.
- An ability to provide commercial, risk sensitive legal solutions is essential.
- Sound Microsoft Office skills are necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills are required to develop close working relationships with colleagues, clients and business contacts across jurisdictions. A willingness to travel is also relevant.
We will provide the training in house for relevant technical knowledge and also to enhance your professional development. You will need to be quick to learn new systems and great with people, as close working relationships between our colleagues and clients is at the heart of what we do.