Legal Associate – AIFM
We are currently looking to further expand our AIFM team in Luxembourg. This role gives ample opportunities to undertake client facing work and develop key skills in communication, teamwork and analytical thinking. As a Legal Associate, you will have the opportunity to support senior members of our Legal team with onboarding of new clients and assist in undertaking oversight of distribution activities for the investment funds.
- Actively participating in the review and negotiation process of all service agreements for a third-party host AIFM (AIFM Agreement, Investment Advisory Agreement, Delegated Portfolio Management Agreement, various engagement letters and Non-Disclosure Agreements etc);
- Actively participating in the review and negotiation process of fund constitutional documents, such as limited partnership agreements, private placement memorandums, articles of association and any other fund-related legal document;
- Taking part in the oversight of the pre-marketing and marketing activities for various funds;
- Undertaking any other ancillary activity in relation to the operations of a third-party Host AIFM business, such as preparing team meeting minutes, legal document handling, liaising with other Langham Hall departments as necessary, assisting in board meeting preparation, legal and regulatory research, assisting in drafting and updating of internal policies and/or procedures etc.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
The ideal candidate should:
- Hold a university degree in Law;
- Have up to 2 years of experience in a service provider, law firm or in the funds industry generally, preferably in Luxembourg;
- Have excellent analytical skills;
- Have a proactive approach to task solving with a certain degree of autonomy;
- Have great interpersonal, organisational and communication skills;
- Be attentive to detail and have an inquisitive mindset;
- Be fluent in English (any other language considered an asset).
- Full-time position (subject to successful completion of trial period);
- In-house hard skills and soft skills training;
- Learning and professional growth in the fund industry;
- Great team atmosphere and support.
About Langham Hall
Langham Hall provides premium quality accounting, fund administration and investor reporting services to Real Estate and Private Equity Fund clients.
Langham Hall invests in people and in developing them professionally. We are extremely proud of our leadership-focused culture which fosters a dedicated, approachable and collaborative way of working. We offer the opportunity to progress your career and study professional qualifications; through intensive training and where applicable, full exam tuition and study support.
Langham Hall is a fast-growing company and as such staff experience a variety of responsibilities and inclusion in exciting initiatives beyond their day-to-day role. Employees are supported and encouraged to deliver a first-class service and opportunities are identified at an early stage for employees to engage with our clients which enables them feel involved and challenged in their work.
We are proud of our positive working culture which is reinforced through our employees and our extremely low staff turnover and we seek out people that believe in our values.