Sofina is a Belgian family-controlled and run investment company listed on Euronext Brussels (SOF.BR). Our mission is to provide patient capital, expertise and advice, to growing companies led by entrepreneurs and families and we aspire to be their preferred partner, coupled with a long-term horizon that few other investors can match.
Sofina performs its investments directly and through venture and growth capital funds. Sofina has a team of ~70 people (incl. ~30 investment professionals) with offices in Brussels, Luxembourg and Singapore. More information is available on www.sofinagroup.com.
The team in Luxembourg is mainly exposed to venture and growth capital funds. Legal tasks related to those activities cover inter alia the investment activities, the group corporate structure and the compliance policies.
You will be joining the Tax and Legal Department, currently composed of 11 professionals amongst which 9 active lawyers split between Brussels (5), Luxembourg (1) and Singapore (3) for a period of 12 to 14 months. You will work in close hand with your colleagues, under the supervision of the General Counsel.
You will actively participate in the legal aspects of Sofina’s direct investments and divestments in Europe, United States and Asia, with a focus on Investment Funds. You will also be in involved in the corporate housekeeping of the Luxembourg entities of the Sofina group, monitor regulatory changes that could affect the Sofina group and ensure compliance therewith.
Your main responsibilities will be to assist the Luxembourg Legal Counsel in:
- Participating in the implementation of the group’s investment and divestment transactions with a focus on Investment Funds (manage investment deadlines and execution in coordination with investment team and external legal counsels, completing subscription materials, handling AML requests, corporate secretary);
- Monitoring the corporate housekeeping of Sofina’s portfolio Investment Funds and companies (amendment to investment documents, attendance to AGMs, execution of shareholders’ consents, compiling AML documentation and other corporate documents);
- Handling the corporate housekeeping of the Luxembourg entities of the Sofina group (shareholders’ meetings, meetings of the board of Directors, convening notices, proxies…);
- Ensuring compliance with applicable laws and anticipate regulatory changes through ongoing regulatory watch, attending seminars, preparation of template and knowledge data base.
- A bachelor degree, a master in law or experience as para-legal is a plus;
- You like multi-task challenges and working in an ambitious environment with different people;
- You are flexible, disciplined and eager to learn;
- You are business minded, rigorous, detail-minded and you have excellent organization and communication skills;
- You are a reliable and discreet team player;
- You are fluent in English (both written and oral) and are native or have a good knowledge of French;
- You have advanced MS Office and IT skills (Word, Power Point, Excel, Sharepoint, Salesforce, …)
You will be part of the Tax & Legal team and you will report to the Legal Counsel in Luxembourg, under the supervision of the General Counsel.
Wauthier de Bassompierre Gilles Ralet
Rue de l’Industrie 31, 1040 Brussels, Belgium 12, Rue Léon Laval, L-3372 Leudelange, Luxembourg