Job Title – Mid-level Corporate Lawyer
Role – Associate
Job Location – Luxembourg
An open and energetic atmosphere and a personal approach – at Simmons & Simmons Luxembourg, we like to do things differently. We’re part of a large international network with offices in 20 countries, yet our approach is entrepreneurial, innovative and all about putting people at the center. We’re a team of 40 amazing people, servicing clients within the Asset Management & Investment Funds and Financial Institutions sectors. Simmons & Simmons is uniquely positioned to provide premium sector-focused advice to some of the world’s leading companies, Financial Institutions, Funds and Supranational Organisations.
What about the team ?
Composed of a multicultural and dynamic group of experts having a vast experience in advising clients, our Corporate / M&A department specialises in advising clients on the complex legal issues that can arise on international transactions involving Luxembourg subsidiaries of foreign companies, including advising on a broad range of corporate reorganisations. Take the opportunity to join a fast growing department that will enable you to grow and work in a diverse environment.
Need a change? Interested in becoming a member of the dynamic and fast-expanding Luxembourg-based team of an international business law firm? We are looking for:
a Mid-Level Corporate Lawyer
- Advise local and international clients on corporate structuring, restructuring, general corporate matters and transactional matters (joint venture – M&A – tech M&A);
- Provide tailor made corporate advice in PE transactions and Asset Management transactions;
- Draft, negotiate and review agreements and transactional documents;
- Be fully involved in our matters in close collaboration with the team including Partner;
- Conduct legal research, coordinate due diligence processes, negotiate, draft and update corporate documentation (e.g. EGMs, boards, articles of association, proxies, shareholders agreements, transfer agreements etc…) and related documents and develop your skills as client relationship manager;
- Take part in internal and external presentations and be involved in legal publications;
- Lead, manage and mentor junior lawyers;
- Participate in client meetings and build strong relationships with clients.
- 3-5 years in Corporate and M&A;
- Admitted to the Luxembourg Bar (CCDL/Avoue), alternatively admitted to the French, Belgium or German Bar provided that you are familiar with the laws of Luxembourg and research tools;
- You have a successful experience in transactional work (understanding of timing constraints, working on tight deadlines when required);
- You are familiar with the drafting of corporate documents;
- If you have an experience in tailormade corporate documents (SPAs / SHAs, etc), that would be an asset;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English a sound skill in German and /or French;
- You are efficient, diligent, team player and equipped with a positive mindset.
- You will work on ground-breaking deals for top-tier clients. The range, calibre and international scope of our deal-flow is unique – and makes us stand out from our competitors;
- Winning clients and work is not just the job of senior lawyers. We expect you to be entrepreneurial and business minded. Be involved in business development and create your own relationships with clients;
- From day one, you will be slotted in to have a chance to make a real difference through the work you do; and we will support you with legal and soft-skills trainings;
- An international and multi-cultural team and a focus on team work;
- The ability to grow your network, locally and internationally;
- Possibility for client secondments and secondments to our international offices;
- Working in an integrated international law firm on cross-border deals;
- Involvement in local and international initiatives and pro bono activities;
- You will be guided and supervised by experienced colleagues.
If you feel that this job description corresponds to your skills and expectations, please do not hesitate to send your CV, together with a letter of introduction, to LuxHR@simmons-simmons.com
All applications will be treated strictly confidentially.
Simmons & Simmons Luxembourg LLP
26A Boulevard Royal