Senior Adviser / Assistant Manager in Regulatory & Compliance
Find your purpose at KPMG Luxembourg
We see a world of opportunity. From uncovering ways to digitalize, to enabling new sectors to take off, to building sustainability and resilience into economies, we know insights reveal new opportunities for all.
We are diverse and dedicated problem solvers, part of the worldwide network of high-quality audit, tax and advisory services.
We offer excellent career prospects that balance autonomy, flexibility, and responsibility. Our comprehensive benefits inspire our people do and feel their best.
Right now, we have more than 1800 employees from over 70 nationalities. Join our growing group of young and youthful innovators to uncover a world of opportunity together.
We are seeking a Senior Adviser / Assistant Manager in Regulatory & Compliance (ID: 220000AF)
Governance, Regulatory and Compliance continues to be a complex business challenge. As new laws and regulations are introduced, companies’ management needs to ensure that corporate governance standards are adhered to and that robust compliance management systems are in place, especially as non-compliance with regulatory requirements is under increased scrutiny from regulators.
In a period of heightened regulatory scrutiny and continuing globalization of AML/CTF regulation, organizations are faced with greater challenges to achieving and maintaining their AML/CTF compliance.
Our Forensic & AML services team, part of our Advisory department is advising clients on how to deal with and meet these regulatory challenges, assisting them in their efforts to prevent, detect and respond to money laundering, terrorism financing, tax evasion, corruption and fraud issues.
What you will be working on
- Monitor and report about new insurance regulatory requirements;
- Support clients in their Compliance Risks Mapping or Assessment;
- Review and analyze compliance documentation and procedures of insurance clients on topics such as (not limitative) insurance distribution, adequacy assessment, product oversight governance, licensing, ESG, consumer protection, outsourcing;
- Assess the AML/CTF Risk framework including the review and analysis of AML/CTF policies and procedures, the controls and systems (including Transaction Monitoring (“TM”) systems) to ensure compliance with local and/or global regulatory AML/CTF requirements.
- Review and analyze the Economic Sanctions frameworks of clients;
- Review and analyze KYC/AML documentation as part of remediation exercise, periodic reviews for – specifically but not limited to – insurance operators (insurance brokers or (re)insurance undertakings);
- Review and analyze transactions monitoring framework and client’s behavior to detect any inconsistency towards KYC information obtained as well as to identify any ML/TF or tax risk indicator
- Organize and prepare training sessions on regulatory topics
- Gain solid technical knowledge of the overall insurance regulations, operations and its interdisciplinary connections with other industries (Banking, Asset Management, Investment Funds, Real Estate,..)
What we look for
- Has at least a Master degree in either Audit, Economy, Business Administration, Law (Criminal Law appreciated)
- Is a team player, displaying a positive attitude, showing autonomy, taking ownership, quality driven and committed
- Has at least 2 years of experience in AML/CTF and/or Insurance Compliance
- Is at least fluent in English & French
What will you get
KPMG is where you will find the right opportunities to advance your career and the widest available range of possibilities so you can grow professionally. Make a real impact, join a diverse team of leading experts, work with global clients, and discover technological solutions.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize KPMG to transmit and store your information in the KPMG recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
KPMG is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. Our recruiting decisions are based on your experience and skills.