Location: Luxembourg, LU
Company: Deloitte Luxembourg
Job Function: Audit & Assurance
Seniority: Senior levels
Contract Type: Open-term
Your future team
Due to our continuous growth, we are currently looking for a manager to further expand our Assurance team who is focussed on delivering high quality assurance services related to “disruptive events”.
A disruptive event causes changes to a company’s structure or operating model. These events include IPOs, bond offerings, mergers and acquisitions, divestments, new joint ventures, and business model changes, amongst others.
Can you contribute with your accounting, auditing, financial reporting, finance operations, controls, and/or regulatory experience to help our clients successfully navigate disruptive events and exceed stakeholder expectations?
Our team culture is collaborative and encourages team members to take initiative and seek on-the-job learning opportunities. Our professionals are committed to excellence and to enhancing the trust of our clients and their stakeholders.
Your next challenge
As an Assurance Senior focusing on disruptive events, you will interact with clients directly and you will also collaborate with a diverse group of talented professionals across the firm. You will use our cutting-edge tools and technologies. Responsibilities will include:
- Participate in engagements to provide assurance services to our clients in the form of comfort letters related to bond offerings, contribution in kind reports, merger reports, interim dividend reports, etc.
- Assist clients in evaluating their preparedness to comply with the requirements for going public and reporting as a public company (IPO Readiness)
- Evaluate key risks in financial processes and propose changes in control design to address risks
- Advise clients on internal control considerations during disruptive events
- Prepare high quality deliverables and review deliverables for accuracy and quality
- Interface with auditors to provide input and review results as subject matter expert
- Supervise, coach and mentor junior levels of staff. Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback and training. Develop and communicate workplace culture and adherence to Deloitte’s code of conduct
- Create opportunities for business development. Strengthen client relationships and generate additional engagement opportunities through excellent quality, timely execution and a strategic approach to service delivery
- Contribute to new business proposals and proposal development
- Manage own personal and professional development; seek opportunities for professional growth and expansion of skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Auditing, Accounting, Business, Finance or other Business-related field
- 3+ years of relevant working experience
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledgeable about processes in regards to IPOs, bond offerings, mergers and acquisitions, divestments, new joint ventures, or business model changes
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English; French and / or German will be considered an asset
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
We want to hear from you! Join us and…
- Further develop your competencies with a tailor-made training plan, exploiting our Induction Program
- Enjoy the opportunity to participate in and shape the growth of our Disruptive Events Advisory services
- Team up with dynamic and energetic young professionals within a challenging and knowledge sharing environment
- Challenge yourself in an international context through various client assignments
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in our services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals across the globe. These help our professionals understand what is expected from them and to focus on their personal development.