69, Boulevard de la Pétrusse, Luxembourg, L-2320, LU
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Supporting the Head of Office and Finance Operations Manager with
- Managing workloads, capacity and performance of the finance function.
- Overseeing (and step-in to assist as required) with the day-to-day transactional activities.
- Regular review of the office trial balance ensuring all financial information is reported, reconciled and maintained in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures. Including performing or supervising the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Provide support, advice and education to the local Luxembourg team on a variety of finance related matters. Including the issue of ad hoc financial reports as requested.
- Working alongside the commercial and pricing teams to provide relevant financial insight and reporting to assist the Head of Office/ partner management team with both the day to day running and strategic growth of the office.
- Supporting the FR&C and FR&A teams with the annual budgeting and forecasting exercise in line with the office business and strategic plans.
- Supporting the FR&C team and the Financial Controller EMEA with the group annual audit requirements and the preparation and submission of the local annual statutory filings.
- Work closely with the partnership team to support with any partner invoicing and payments.
- Work closely with the in-house tax team for all tax compliance matters relating to the local Luxembourg legal entity.
- Assisting the Head of Finance Operations and the Financial Controller EMEA in the development and on-going monitoring of the Group’s financial control framework and to work to continuously strengthen core financial processes.
- Assist with any ad hoc reporting or projects. Projects will generally be linked to process improvements and or automation.
- Educated to degree level
- Professional accounting qualification
- Minimum of five years experience gained within a large professional services organisation or a law firm undertaking a broad financial role
- Demonstrable experience of embedding strong financial hygiene practices within a new business environment
- Proficient in Luxembourg GAAP reporting (UK GAAP desirable)
- Good working knowledge of Luxembourg VAT regulations, EU/ Non-EU VAT concepts and principles with the ability to apply this knowledge in practice
- Knowledge of Aderant (or Elite) would be advantageous
- Strong time management skills and able to work to strict reporting deadlines
- Excellent communicator, persuasive and tenacious, with proven ability to develop relationships at all levels across the firm
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to present numerical information to relevant stakeholders in a meaningful manner
- Professional fluency in English and French, written and verbal
Click HERE for more information.