The individual will be responsible for servicing a portfolio of real estate debt, real estate and private equity funds and other structures. The individual will liaise with CFOs and financial controllers and legal counsel at fund managers, third parties (including auditors) and other external advisors necessary to ensure smooth operation of the structure and to ensure that deadlines are met. Specific responsibilities include bookkeeping, periodic reporting (usually under Luxembourg GAAP or IFRS), assisting with calls, distributions, and transactions other day to day functions. The individual will work within a small client team, reporting on a daily basis to the relevant Langham Hall client Manager/ senior Manager. The candidate will be expected to interface at a senior level with clients in order to problem solve and proactively deliver our services.
The successful candidate will be involved in developing other members of the team to provide a quality client-focused service. The candidate will also have an understanding of the Luxembourg private equity and real estate funds and other structures.
- Preparation of periodic financial statements, cash flows and associated notes for debt funds, real estate funds and private equity funds including liaison with client over transaction related issues.
- Preparation of statutory accounts of Luxembourg companies/funds investing in debt, real estate and private equity in accordance with IFRS and LUX GAAP.
- Consolidation of group of companies.
- Calculation of management fees/equalization charges and performance fees and interest of PPLs.
- Compilation and analysis of financial information underlying the financial statements, including the treatment of business transactions.
- Dealing with year end audits including preparation of relevant files and resolving issues.
- Preparing and review Luxembourg statutory reporting and VAT and tax returns.
- Solving problems proactively using technical expertise and common-sense.
- Responsible for training and development of junior team members in the team through training and coaching
- Review bank payments in various banking platforms and ensuring necessary supporting documents (including KYC documents) are obtained and attached for efficient review process
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- An understanding of Luxembourg GAAP, IFRS and other relevant accounting standards preferably gained within the real estate or private equity sector.
- Understanding the reporting and other accounting challenges faced by real estate and private equity managers.
- An understanding of the Fund structures in Luxembourg.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Direct experience of client service in a professional services firm.
- Ability to work in a small, but rapidly expanding, company environment with focused and motivated individuals.
- Ability to plan effectively, with strong deadline orientation.
- Fluent in English, with French and/or German an advantage.
- Langham Hall takes the development of its employees very seriously and offers sponsorship of a professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA) as part of the package.
About Langham Hall
Langham Hall provides premium quality accounting, fund administration and investor reporting services to Real Estate and Private Equity Fund clients.
Langham Hall invests in people and in developing them professionally. We are extremely proud of our leadership-focused culture which fosters a dedicated, approachable and collaborative way of working. We offer the opportunity to progress your career and study professional qualifications; through intensive training and where applicable, full exam tuition and study support.
Langham Hall is a fast-growing company and as such staff experience a variety of responsibilities and inclusion in exciting initiatives beyond their day-to-day role. Employees are supported and encouraged to deliver a first-class service and opportunities are identified at an early stage for employees to engage with our clients which enables them feel involved and challenged in their work.
We are proud of our positive working culture which is reinforced through our employees and our extremely low staff turnover and we seek out people that believe in our values.