Clifford Chance is one of the world’s leading law firms and the Luxembourg office is one of the leading players in the Luxembourg legal services market at the forefront of legal and regulatory development and involved in many of the most important transactions in Luxembourg.
With around 110 lawyers and 10 Partners, the key areas of expertise of the Clifford Chance Luxembourg office include: Banking, Finance and Capital Markets, Corporate, Investment Funds, Tax, Litigation and Real Estate.
Our Investment Funds practice is a market leading practice covering the full range of funds, including all kinds or alternative funds (such as private equity funds, hedge funds, real estate, debt and infrastructure funds) as well as UCITS.
In addition, we also advise investors with their investments in such funds, including pension funds, insurance companies, funds‑of‑funds and many sovereign wealth and other supra-national institutions.
Our team is composed of 3 Partners and about 30 lawyers from diverse backgrounds and nationalities. Working languages are French, English and German.
In order to reinforce the team, we are recruiting a:
Senior Investment Funds Lawyer (M/F)
Permanent contract (CDI) / 40 hours per week
What will you do?
As a member of our Investment Funds team, you will work on different issues, including:
- Structuring and documenting regulated and unregulated funds from pre-launching to post closing
- Advising financial service providers
- Advising on distribution channels
- Corporate and transactional services
- Managing client relationships
- Supervising and mentoring junior lawyers
- Contributing to the knowledge management
What do you need to succeed?
- 4-6 years’ experience in alternative funds and UCITS ideally gained within a large local law firm.
- Experience in dealing with clients and providing advice with regards to depository and administration matters.
- You are ideally admitted to the ‘Liste II’ or to the ‘Liste IV’.
- Excellent knowledge of Luxembourg Investment Fund structures (UCITS, SIFs, RAIFs, SICARs, unregulated funds).
- Fluency in English and French and/or German
- Luxembourgish would be considered as an asset
- Dynamism, team spirit and communication skills are required qualities to progress in our stimulating environment.
- Willingness to provide high service delivery for our clients
- Collaborative spirit and eagerness to work with different level in the firm and guide/train juniors colleagues
What are we offering you?
- A dynamic and multicultural work environment to favour professional and personal development, working with top clients.
- An individualized professional relationship with local and international clients
- Autonomous file management in collaboration with your colleagues
- A friendly and collaborative working atmosphere, where you will have the chance to make a real difference through the way you work and the work you do
- A training program to further develop your legal and business skills and stay up-to-date on legal developments with our Clifford Chance Academy
Are you interested?
If you are interesting about this opportunity, don’t hesitate to upload your complete application in English or French online (CV, cover letter and academic transcripts). Uncomplete applications will not be processed.
Should your application be selected, you will be contacted for a first phone interview with the HR team.
At Clifford Chance, we are committed to treating all employees and job applicants fairly and equally. We have a number of initiatives and networks that support our aspiration to be the Global Law Firm of choice. These include our LGBT, Gender Parity, Ethnicity and Disability networks.