The individual will be responsible for legal and corporate governance issues for the Luxembourg Fund Administration business’s client base, primarily comprising private equity, real estate and debt structures.
The individual will provide transactions support to clients to include preparation of board packs, coordination of board and shareholder/investor meetings, preparation of minutes, creating and updating statutory registers (eg directors, limited partner, shareholder) and other transfer agency functions. The individual will be required to attend client board and other meetings.
The individual will also be involved in maintaining and developing template legal documents such as minutes, resolutions, agendas, intra-group loan agreements, powers of attorney.
The individual will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with internal processes and checklists relating to governance, legal and corporate secretarial issues.The individual will have an excellent knowledge of the Luxembourg legal, tax and regulatory regimes applicable to private equity, real estate and debt funds and other structures.
In conjunction with the above duties, the individual will also assist with the initial on-boarding of clients, including KYC, agreeing the service agreements.
- Leading/overseeing the client onboarding process (incorporations, drafting service agreements, preparing service level agreements, opening bank accounts, managing AML compliance process).
- Leading/overseeing transactions (eg investments, divestments), including review of documents for a designated client portfolio.
- Preparation/review of board packs, coordination of board and shareholder/investor meetings.
- Attendance at client board and investor meetings and preparation/review of minutes.
- Assist in maintaining and developing template legal documents such as minutes, resolutions, agendas, intra-group loan agreements, powers of attorney.
- Ensuring compliance with internal processes relating to legal and corporate tasks, applying high governance standard in line with company policy and regulatory rules
- Familiarity with typical Luxembourg private equity and real estate fund structures (eg SCSps managed by full scope AIFMs) and documents (eg LPAs).
- Monitoring compliance of client structures with fund and corporate laws.
- Solving problems proactively using technical expertise and common-sense.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Excellent knowledge of Luxembourg companies law and other legal, tax and regulatory regimes as they apply to funds and other structures operating in the real estate, private equity, debt sectors.
- Excellent knowledge of the role and duties of a professional domiciliation/administration agent in Luxembourg.
- Ability to write reports, minutes, business correspondence and procedure manuals at asset and fund level
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from manager clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Direct experience of client service in a professional services firm.
- Ability to work in a dynamic company environment with focused and motivated individuals.
- Ability to plan effectively, with strong deadline orientation.
- Fluent in English.
- Langham Hall takes the development of its employees very seriously and offers sponsorship of a professional qualification (e.g. ILA Cosec Pillar 1/ ICSA) as part of the package.
About Langham Hall
Langham Hall provides premium quality accounting, fund administration and investor reporting services to Real Estate and Private Equity Fund clients.
Langham Hall invests in people and in developing them professionally. We are extremely proud of our leadership-focused culture which fosters a dedicated, approachable and collaborative way of working. We offer the opportunity to progress your career and study professional qualifications; through intensive training and where applicable, full exam tuition and study support.
Langham Hall is a fast-growing company and as such staff experience a variety of responsibilities and inclusion in exciting initiatives beyond their day-to-day role. Employees are supported and encouraged to deliver a first-class service and opportunities are identified at an early stage for employees to engage with our clients which enables them feel involved and challenged in their work.
We are proud of our positive working culture which is reinforced through our employees and our extremely low staff turnover and we seek out people that believe in our values.