Would you like to join our Investor Relations team fully dedicated to externally managed illiquid solutions? We are now looking for an Investor Relations Specialist to support our global aspirations in the illiquid space and Nordea Asset Management’s partnership with key actors for a maternity leave coverage. This is an opportunity for you to work in a motivated , international and entrepreneurial environment with renowned world-class private markets and ESG & impact professionals.
At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That is why we are deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We are creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas and unique background. With us, you will be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
Nordea Asset Management (“NAM”) is the asset management arm of the Nordea Group, the leading financial services group in the Nordic and Baltic Sea regions. The group has 10 million clients and 28,000 employees. NAM has around 850 employees and manages more than EUR 254 billion of assets for institutional, wholesale and retail clients across the Nordic region and the globe.
About this opportunity
Welcome to our Investor Relations (“IR”) team. We add value by supporting the marketing, fundraising and ongoing client servicing for the illiquid solutions, managed by our esteemed external investment partners, in close collaboration with NAM sales teams spread across 18 local offices.
Your primary role will be:
- Plan, coordinate, ensure smooth execution of and, when relevant, participate in various fundraising and investor servicing related events in close contact with the NAM sales teams and investment partners, including:
- Roadshows (physical/virtual),
- Due Diligence Days,
- Industry events,
- One-to-one meetings,
- Project manage the prestigious Annual Investor Meeting and Limited Partner Advisory Committee in close collaboration with NAM external partner and key stakeholders.
- Ensure investor onboarding as from when sales’ opportunities are won by being the client facing person and therefore the intermediary between the investors, central administrator and legal counsels.
- Monitor sales’ opportunities in the CRM system so that they are up to date enabling the right fundraising calibration.
Secondarily, you will:
- Oversee the team mail box and investor portal management.
- Give support, when required, to other team members in relation to the tasks in which they are specialised, e.g.:
- fund documentation creation and update,
- the management of the data room,
- sales’ communication,
- product related questions,
- various IR projects.
As part of your role, dealing with stakeholders along the product value chain to deliver high-quality IR services will be key. You will indeed need to liaise not only with various teams within Nordea but particularly with different alternative investment experts of NAM’s partner and also external service providers.
The IR team is part of the Institutional & Wholesale Distribution (I&WD) division, reporting to the Global Head of Marketing and Business Management. This role, based in Luxembourg, is a crucial one for NAM’s strategic foray into the illiquid space. The role may involve occasional travelling.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you need to:
- Be motivated, hard worker, focused and resistant to stress;
- Have a passion for delivering differentiated services to clients and partners;
- Be good at multi-tasking, enthusiastic , well organized and with attention to details;
- Be a team-oriented person with experience in setting priorities and ensuring timely delivery;
- Be able to manage stakeholders with different backgrounds and sensitivities.
You need to think and act with the clients in mind, you need to be thrilled about events management and illiquid strategies and you are a determined person who wants to grow in a high performing team. You display an effective service mindset, and have a clear focus on sales and your role within the value chain. You build trust and long-term relationships that are at the heart of our business strategy.
Your experience and background:
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar position in the alternative industry or fund distribution area – dealing with the onboarding, events management and client & sales’ servicing;
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English is required and be proficient in any Nordic language would be considered as an asset;
- Prior exposure to alternative assets would be valued.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 15th July 2021. Please note the postion might be filled before the application deadline.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.