Job requisition id: 54941
Transfer Agency Investor Onboarding Supervisor (9 month fixed term contract)
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
Join us as a Transfer Agency Investor Onboarding Supervisor for a fixed term 9 month contract.
As a Transfer Agency Investor Onboarding Supervisor, you will direct your resources to achieve overall client satisfaction and perform transfer agency functions in a controlled and efficient manner while maintaining high client satisfaction. Please note this is a fixed term contract for 9 months.
- Timely review of investor CDD documentation in line with policies and procedure
- Critically analyze customer profile information to make a risk-based judgement in line with applicable AML standards
- You will be familiar and possess good understanding of different entity structures
- Ability to critically evaluate, analyze complex entity structures and AML/KYC documentation to determine applicable approach
- Ability to accurately identify, assess and justify review decisions while adhering to policies and procedure
- In this role, emphasis is placed on critical thinking, accuracy, ability to assess, justify, escalate, and document decisions
1. Product Development
- Review and discuss with management any issues requiring escalation.
- Provide guidelines to the policies and procedure to enhance effectiveness.
- Actively monitor the KYC (know your customer – anti money laundering prevention procedures at a shareholder level) requirements from clients to ensure full adherence to the established policies and procedures.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
2. Client Relationship
- Responsible for instituting and reporting on measures to determine the team’s performance in meeting standards.
- Remain knowledgeable of changing industry initiatives and educate clients continually through presentations.
- Establish solid contacts with all areas and all levels at clients’ organizations as well as internal departments.
3. Staff Supervision
- Where necessary, cross train employees on all aspects of IOB functions to develop breadth and depth of AML knowledge/ familiarity with BBH Policies and Procedures
1. Education level and/ or experience
- BA/BS in a business-related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in AML/KYC fields.
- Native English speaker
2. Knowledge and skills
- Strong aptitude for analysis, accuracy, organization
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement solutions
- Ability to take initiative
- Well developed technology skills
- You will also be expected to possess a good internet research skill
- Intermediate level of MS offices skills is also a requirement
3. Other requirements
- Knowledge or experience of Multifunds is an advantage
- Second language essential, third would be a distinct advantage