Bamboo Capital Partners (“Bamboo”) is an impact investing platform founded in 2007 by Jean-Philippe de Schrevel providing innovative financing solutions to catalyze lasting impact. Bamboo bridges the gap between seed and growth stage funding through a full suite of finance options – from debt to equity – which it activates unilaterally or through strategic partnerships. Bamboo aims to generate lasting impact and improve the lives of the world’s most marginalized communities while delivering strong financial returns. Since its inception, Bamboo has raised over $460m for developing countries, positively impacting over 184 million lives and supporting 45,000 jobs, including 15,900 jobs for women, through its investments in over 30 countries. The firm has a team of 30 professionals active across Europe, Latin America, Africa and Asia.
To support its development and strengthen its team in Luxembourg, Bamboo is looking for a Valuation Manager who will report directly to the Conducting Officer in charge of Valuation and Oversight. The position is open in the Luxembourg office.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited):
- Analyse and review portfolio companies’ valuation models for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Develop standard modelling practices across all funds, portfolio companies and regional
- Track changes between valuations from quarter to quarter and year to year.
- Provide assistance in researching and understanding inconsistencies and discrepancies invaluation models/reports.
- Continuously monitor and maintain a consistent view of portfolio companies’
- Respond to ad hoc requests from other departments as well as from management
- Assist in gathering quarterly market research.
- Excellent academic credentials, university degree in finance/valuation or equivalent
qualification with a minimum of five years’ experience preferably with alternative
investments, Luxembourg GAAP and IFRS
- Understanding of key fundamentals of the illiquid assets for private equity and private debt.
- Deep competence in understanding and analysing financial accounts, assessing projections
and review of valuationsDemonstrated ability to perform high quality reviews of other’s work and ensuring
consistently high-quality work while also performing in a preparer role
- An understanding of the Fund Industry and ideally the Impact/Blended Finance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Fluent English required
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise projects and portfolios; strong time-management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and computer skills (MS Office)