- LPEA’s WEBSITE
“Cookies” are small text files that can be placed on your computer or mobile device in order to identify your web-browser and the activities of your computer on the Website.
These help LPEA to recognize you and your device and to store some information about your preferences or past actions.
For example, LPEA may monitor how many times you visit the Website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the internet service provider you use, helping LPEA to build a profile of the Website’s users.
“Page tags”, also known as web beacons or gif tags, are a web technology used to help track websites or email usage information, such as how many times a specific page or email has been viewed. Pages tags are invisible to you, and any portion of the Website, including advertisements, or e-mail sent on LPEA’s behalf may contain page tags.
“Cookies”[,“Page tags”] and any other similar technologies are collectively defined as “Cookies”.
For information relating to these other third party websites, please consult their cookie policies.
- personalize your experience on the Website;
- recognize you whenever you visit the Website;
- keep track of your specified preferences (such as your language preference);
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve the content of the Website;
- detect and prevent fraud;
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable;
- analyse trends and gather demographic information; and
- conduct research, diagnostics and reporting to improve the Website and analyse the performance of LPEA’s services
- Types of Cookies
All Cookies on the Website fall into one of the three following categories:
- Strictly Necessary: these Cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate the Website and use its features. Without these Cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided;
- Performance: these Cookies collect information about how you use the Website, e.g. which pages you go to most often. These Cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these Cookies is aggregated and anonymous and is only used to improve how the Website works;
- Functionality: these Cookies allow our Website to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these Cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites; and
- Cookies used by LPEA
The table below provides more information about the Cookies used by LPEA:
|Strictly necessary Cookies|
|Name of the Cookie||Purpose of the Cookie||Expiry/deletion|
|__cfduid||This cookie is used to speed up page load times||Deleted 1 year after the last use of the Website.|
|_sm__fch||This cookie is used to identify the client behind an IP||Deleted 1 year after the last use of the Website|
|PHPSESSID||This cookie is used to maintain user session variables||Deleted immediately upon closing of the browsing session.|
|lang||This cookie is used to store language preferences, potentially to serve up content in the stored language.||Deleted immediately upon closing of the browsing session.|
|_sm_au_d||This cookie is used to show advertisements to the user based on his preferences.||Deleted immediately upon closing of the browsing session.|
|Universal Analytics (Google)||_gid||This cookie is used to collect information about how you use the Website. It notably helps LPEA to distinguish users of the Website||Deleted 24 hours after the last use of the Website.|
LPEA will ask you for your consent to place Cookies on your device, except where these are strictly necessary Cookies (for these n consent is required), for LPEA to provide you with a service that you have requested.
You have the choice of deciding whether to accept Cookies or not by setting your browser to block some or all Cookies. However, please be aware that if you do not accept Cookies, you may not be able to enjoy a comprehensive experience of the Website features. Strictly technical Cookies, necessary to the functioning of the Website cannot be refused.
- How to contact us?